Monday 19 May 2008

Wildlife rage!

While I was taking this RUBBISH photo of Leanne (do I sound bitter?), I heard a big dog scrambling down the path towards us. I didn't turn round, but I know that another thing Lorraine hates is a big dog! And this sounded like a BIG dog! I stopped in my tracks, waiting for her to vault over the gate or swear! But she didn't move and didn't say a word!

But when I turned round, there was no dog! And Lorraine's chin had nearly hit the floor - it turns out it wasn't a big dog, it was a bold badger running across the path a few feet away from us! And I missed it because I was taking a rubbish picture! I'm SO jealous! If i'd just turned a few degrees to the right, I might have had my first wildlife shot!

Lorraine said it was either a badger or a bear! I'm miffed enough about missing the badger, but if I ever find out there's a random bear colony in Danbury woods, I'll resent her for life!

0 comments: