Thursday 29 May 2008

Freedom!

Delores offered to have ALL 3 of our children for a sleepover on Tuesday night - good news for all! The kids were thrilled and packed a suit case as soon as they could. Liam and I were thrilled - dinner and a film without having to rush back for a babysitter.


Richard and Nicola had been telling us how nice the Macaroni Grill is, but its been to busy when we've been on a Saturday night, so good news that there was space for us. And WOW, what a fantastic meal. I had chicken and king prawns with bacon, artichoke and capers - heaven!



Then the film...Richard and Liam chose Indiana Jones! How could they not really - it was a blast from the past, and I was keen to see how Harrison Ford would handly all the jumping around and fighting when he's older than our parents!

Don't think it was Nicola's cup of tea - she's 10 years younger than me and so hasn't seen the original Indiana Jones films! (and she hasn't seen Top Gun either! How can that happen!) But I quite enjoyed it. It is what it is - not anything fantastic, but I was scared of the people-eating ants, and enjoyed the special effects, but I don't need to see it again!

But even better, Wednesday morning Liam went to work, and I had the house to myself! No kids until lunchtime! Thanks Delores.

0 comments: