Friday 4 April 2008

Gluten Free Panics

It completely went out of my mind that Helen has to have a gluten free diet! So as soon as she arrived I served her yorkshire puddings with her roast. When she reminded me, I get in my usual food fluster - if someone diabetic like Laura or Delores comes round, I can only think of sugary desserts to serve, when Liam's Sikh friend Gita came round, I consciously cooked chicken and then poured beef gravy all over it!

So when I was thinking about what to serve for dessert, I was struggling to get past flour issues! I know there's hundreds of gluten free desserts, but its like I get a mental block!

By a fortuitous fluke, I was showing Helen my Meersbrook recipe book and we noticed the recipe for Chocolate Roulade that Alison had included - no flour, so Helen and I threw one together!

Yum! Thanks for that Alison - all gluten free friends are now welcome in our house - I've got dessert covered! (Sikh's and Diabetics - come at your peril!)

0 comments: