Saturday 12 July 2008

Nirvana

Its my weekends of treats! After the party, I popped home to get my things, then went to Delores', then we both went to Auntie Margaret's house in High Wycombe.
It started with a curry and a film (lets not mention the film!), and before I knew it I was being woken with a hot chocolate and a cooked breakfast!
For my birthday, Auntie Margaret had arranged to take me to Nirvana for the day, and Delores had booked a floatation therapy session for me! I KNOW! Get me!
Not being a spa expert I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I'd seen the pictures on their website, but the reality was SO luxurious! Actually, a day without any responsiblity is luxury in itself, but being in such lovely surroundings was amazing!
The fact is, you can only relax there. We started in the hydration pool, then I went to swim some lengths - this helped me to justify relaxing for the rest of the day! That was my work for the day - it doesn't take much to pacify me!
Just before lunch, I went off for my floatation therapy...and I had to be trained first for 15 minutes! It was a dead sea salt pool and I had to be trained on how to stop floating! Who'd have thought I'd need training to stop floating, but I did! And if there had been an exam on stopping floating, I don't think I would have passed! The instructor showed us how to reach for our toes and gracefully stand up, and I did okay in the mock, but when it was actually time for me to stop floating, I still flapped around like I was drowning! And its not so good to splash salty water at other bathers - they don't appreciate an eyeful...
What a lovely float I had. You float in a darkened room with 5 other floaters, gazing at a twinkley ceiling and listening to soothing music. A gentle current moves you round the pool, although you can't really feel direction. And if you've really mastered it, you fall asleep while floating. I didn't manage that. I'd say my body was really relaxed, but mind didn't manage to switch off! It was a lovely 40 minutes of indulgence. I think I need another go to get it right!
My other favorite things were the ceramic heated loungers! We all had a snooze on them. They don't look so comfy, but they're amazing - I'd like 4 for my garden.
I was SO spoiled - it was such a treat and auntie Margaret and Delores were great company. This is the life I was born for!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of the 3 of you lying in the flotation pool reminds me of the film Minority Report...Liam