Thursday 10 July 2008

Creative Sheffielders

I miss Sheffield and my creative friends. I miss Karen organising me and Hilary to make cards or scrapbook. I misss Laura and me sitting at playgroup discussing recipes and crafts.

And just to remind me how much I miss them, they sent little reminders of their Sheffield talents for my birthday.

Laura not only sent some yummy tiffin, but she also sent the recipe - which she knows is just as important as cake! But her creativity came in the packaging too! Who else sends tiffin in the post? It wouldn't occur to me to do it - surely it would crumble to a mulch? But Laura knew she could do it! She wrapped it in greaseproof paper tied with nice twiney string, then in foil, put in a small box adapted from an old box. It was wrapped in birthday paper and then in a jiffy bag! I'm sure I've missed a few layers there, but rest assured that when it arrived, it looked as perfect as if we'd made it here! She's a clever girl. There were even specific instructions inside to put it in the fridge for half an hour before we ate it!
It was in bitesized pieces so everytime I went in the fridge, I had a bitesized piece!
Then there's Karen and Hilary and their lovely hand made cards.
I don't like to hoard things, but they're much too pretty to recycle. I might have to try and recreate them and then rip them off as my own design! Thats worked quite well in the past!
Ahhhh! Creative Sheffield...

0 comments: