Friday 27 June 2008

Work Ethic

On Tuesday night I (eventually - I lost my keys and so we were 30 minutes late!) went to help Sam L with her Faith in God group. I was keen to help - she's 8 months pregnant and was having six 8-11 year olds (including Megan) over to her house to dig up her garden! Surely that's not right! When we arrived, they were in full swing and there were gloves and trowels all over!


I was really impressed with their hard work. My Sam's never been to F.I.G. before - obviously he's only 6, but he saw how the others were working and got straight in there - learning by their example. He didn't quesion why we were weeding someone elses garden - I wasn't sure if he'd rather be inside playing with the toys, but he was pleased to be involved.


Sam L also taught them how to plant their own seeds and sent them all home with a pot of lettuce seeds to look after.
I'm thrilled that my kids can have experiences like this, with kids like this and leaders like this. A simple night, but great for our family.

0 comments: