Friday 13 June 2008

Who'd Have Thought...

Yesterday, I'm washing socks, today I'm the star of local radio! Okay, so I'm not a star, but that's the way I'm telling it, and I did get to go into a radio station for the first time!

Travis from BBC Essex left a comment on our blog yesterday, asking me to ring him about a possible story...then my neighbour came round with a note - he had phoned her too.

It turns out they had come across our blog and it got them interested in Essex bloggers! So they asked me to go in to talk to them for 10 minutes. Well they said I could either go in, or talk to them over the phone. When I started the blog, it did cross my mind that I wouldn't have anything interesting to write about so if some one offers me the chance to go and sit in a radio station, I'm not gonna turn that down!
So with Becks and Eden in tow for moral support (she's the proper blogger - taught me all I know!), we trooped to the radio station.

Get me, having my 10 minutes on the radio! They were all REALLY friendly and made us feel very welcome. And they very cool and collected - I need everything planned out and checked, but they just shipped me in and there we were, live on the radio! How did they know I wouldn't just slobber into the microphone?!
They even accommodated my little groupies - I need groupies - I've been on the radio after all! (Update: I've just corrected my spelling of accommodate - realised I missed out an m - please feel free to tell me spelling mistakes - its a learning curve!)

So who'd have thought it! My Mum and Dad listened on the internet in Sheffield, Lorraine managed to catch it, but Delores missed it - it sounds like she was ready to throw the radio through the window 'cause she couldn't tune it in to the right station! I'm sure she'll be able to listen on the internet - its there until Monday morning - I might just listen one more time...or two!

One of my kids favourite programmes is Hider in the House. They tell one of the parents that they're in a kids TV show (that doesn't exist) as a distraction and then hide a celebrity in the house. At the end of the programme, they find out the TV show they've been filming isn't real and they've been tricked!

It was such a surreal day, I'm still expecting a bouncy kids TV presenter to jump out of my cupboard and tell me that I fell for the prank, and how stupid am I to believe that a radio station would want to talk to me about our blog! Ha Ha - I'm watching out for you Fern Cotton!

1 comments:

Becks said...

oooo you look like you are a natural (or is that really good photography?!!) xxx