Tuesday 17 June 2008

Keeping up with...

Sam's on a mission. And who can blame him. Not only does he have a mum who's been on the BBC (have I mentioned that I was on the radio last week? Apart from to everyone I know?!), he also has a sister who's photo is in this month's "Danbury Journal" - Megan was on the school council last term and the Danbury Journal took a picture of their cake sale! She's thrilled!

So with our little brushes with the media - how can my 6 year old fail to be influenced by such dizzy heights!

Now in our family in June, we've covered magazines, and radio, so he's on a mission to get on tellie! And his plan is, obviously...You've Been Framed!

So Sunday afternoon at Grandma's he spent about an hour rehearsing a fake stumble, planning how to swing so high on the garden swing that it would flip backwards, and toppling from the top of the slide!

On the way home, Leah had some Ice Pop left and Sam was trying to persuade her to share it with with him... without success! So he tried luring her - if she gave him her Ice Pop, he would give her 1000 sweets!

"You haven't got 1000 sweets!" Megan was quick to point out "Don't make false promises!"

Sam knew what he was doing though - "I haven't got them now, but I'm going on You've Been Framed soon - you get £250 for that so then I'll have 1000 sweets!"

Its so straight forward for a 6 year old:

Getting on TV = You've been Framed = 1000 sweets!

He's so keen to make a winning video, but his acting skills aren't that great, so I'm wondering if its wrong to get him to stand under the bedroom window and drop a bucket of water on his head? It might make him cry, but we'd get a good clip! Isn't it okay if its for his own good - mother love and all that!

Of course I'm also trying to prepare him for disappointment - I tell him that not everyone can mix with producers and presenters like his mum did. We can't all be tracked down like his mum was! Life's hard sometimes!

0 comments: