Wednesday 17 September 2008

A Day at the Temple

Today we planned a family day out to the Preston temple - I had asked Hilary if she'd have my kids, but she had a better idea - to come with us - perfect. Or it would have been perfect except that my mum hurt her neck and so couldn't go. So just Dad and Grandma, me and my kids and the Bradbury's. Hilary was there to do temple work for the family she's found since our trip to London in May so that made it extra nice.

Dad, Grandma and I went into the temple first and it was lovely spending time with them there. Then we swapped and Hilary and Alan went in with my Dad.

I loved seeing all the kids together at the temple. I always associate the London temple with my Grandparents because they lived and worked there while I was growing up. I love the idea of my kids having nice memories of trips the temple with their friends.

I hope they're always running to the temple together!Grandma came out and helped me look after them too - I hope I have her energy when I'm 87!Hilary's a primary school teacher and when she has a group of kids round her, she goes into this fanastic teacher mode - games and authority and education......my methods are a bit simpler - I give them sweets!August 1908: Samuel and Louisa Gratton join the LDS church...August 2008: their grandaughter, great grandson, great great grandaughter and great great great grandchildren visit the temple together...

... a nice way to remember.

1 comments:

Emma@christmascupboard said...

Hi Ruth and Liam, Thanks for inspiring me to create a blog and for leaving me your lovely comment.
We love reading your entries and Courtney especially likes your HSM blog. lots of Love, Em and the Gang x