Wednesday 24 September 2008

Camping with Grandad...

We've spent a night in Grandad's caravan, and here's how he's feeling...


This is after one night...imagine what he'll be like at the end of the week?!

Of course, out door living is all about being at one with nature. So the kids were THRILLED to find this big hairy catapillar waiting for them this morning - I'm afraid it was a harrassed caterpillar by the time they'd all had a hold!I've had a quick Google for "Hairy caterpillars" but haven't been able to identify it yet! Can any one help? I like posts to be complete with titles!
Although I like hairy caterpillars, I was more distracted with the view - different colours at different times of the day...

Its nice having your own private camp site, but with this view...beautiful. The grass was long and really Leah needed waders to keep her little legs dry! There was so much lovely space to run around. I loved having no TV, PS2 or DS (this is an age test - if you don't know what those abreviations mean, you're officially old!). The kids either read comics or drew pictures and coloured. ...


...or played outside...

I loved the peace...well, during the breaks from the kids bickering!

...and Grandad was on hand to show them round his patch!

3 comments:

Emma@christmascupboard said...

Hiya Ruth,

I think your catapillar might be a Buff Ermine. I looked it up on these identification plates:
http://www.whatsthiscaterpillar.co.uk/plates.htm

This is what it turns into
http://www.habitas.org.uk/moths/species.asp?item=6147

Hope this helps
Em x

The Hastings Family said...

Laura just rang to suggest our furry friend is a Wooly Bear caterpillar...I've googled and I'm not convinced...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ruth - Cool Blog and gorgeous photos of Ireland - You should post some of the house as well