Friday 22 August 2008

Laura Meets Elephant...and Giraffe...and hippo


She's obviously had a deprived childhood (and adulthood for that matter), but how can Laura reach THIS age without being taken to a zoo - shame on you Mr and Mrs Cobain and Mr Stringer. So we jumped at the chance to go with Laura and Jim to Colchester zoo - I don't what her miss out any longer! Its just not right for a 40-something year old never to have seen an elephant in real life. And would you believe it, before too long, she had her hand stuck up an elephants trunk??! She's so bold! (That boy didn't look very impressed, but I was).

Whenever I see pictures from Colchester zoo, they're always taken in the seal lion tunnel - its just such a lovely colour blue, you can't help yourself and today was no exception!Another reason we love Colchester zoo is for the play areas - we didn't need the indoor ball park this trip 'cause the weather was nice, but its nice to intersperse the animals with a trip to a park.


NB It may look like Jim's doing all the work with the kids in these photos, but I'm sure Laura and I were carrying out some equally important roll at the time. Monitoring from a distance or something!

Although I love watching the animals......I prefer watching the wildlife closer to home, watching the animals!
...and there was one cheeky monkey that was too cute to leave at the zoo.

We loved having the Stringers stay with us this week - they're great company and easy to entertain...although I'm not sure I could cope with many more 2am bed times! Its just too tempting to stay up and chat when Laura's here!

0 comments: