Monday 20 October 2008

Rachel Caron

A few days before I went to Ireland, I got the sad news that my friend Rachel had died of a deep vein thrombosis aged 32. Luckily for me, the funeral was a few days after we got back and so I was able to travel to Dudley to say goodbye.

Rachel's daughter was in nursery with Sam and we'd spent a lot of time together over the last few years. She made a big impact on me and it was so sad to see how disappointed every one was to lose her.

She loved Ireland and regularly went to Dingle Bay to visit Fungi the Dolphin. I felt very emotional while we were in Ireland watching the Irish dancing and music. I knew she would have loved it.

One of the biggest influences she had on me was by telling me one day at play group to stop ironing! She told me she didn't iron anything and just folded clothes straight from the tumble dryer! I tried it and it worked (to a degree!)! I was a changed woman! So, Liam, she's the reason you always have slightly creased t-shirts.

Even without that lifechanging revelation, I was lucky to have known her.





0 comments: