Monday 20 October 2008

Last day Beach

The last day of our holiday had to be spent at the beach and luckily we had the weather to go with it. Well, sort of. It was dry and sunny, but oh, was it windy!

Delores had recommended we got to Tremor on the South coast.

It was perfect and so quiet. The tide was right out when we arrived, and so we headed to our favourite part of the beach, the rock pools. When we got there, we realised how important tools were in such a prime position - Liam couldn't resist walking the 10 minutes back to the shops to buy a couple of fishing nets and a bucket. There were too many fabulous pools to just look in! They had to be fished!The rocks were great for climbing over and exploring - you could go right out into the sea and we loved exploring until Liam came back with our tools!

Fishing nets made all the difference though. I left them to harrass the rock pools and walked right out to the edge of the rocks, and when I came back, they'd caught a big bucket full of wildlife!

Lots of unidentified creatures were found. I really need to get a great seaside creature book - I love knowing what we've caught.

I've Googled (I know its time for me to get a job if I've got the energy to google small fish!), and I think this a prawn (note - not a shrimp 'cause it has a spike between it eyes)

A, errrrm, crab...

I think this is a wrasse...

I think these two are bullheads...

I think this is a blenny...

Can't find this crab - it was tiny, but distinctive!Great rock pooling!

We headed back as the tide came in, and they just couldn't resist it. The wind was blowing a gale and so even though it was sunny, Megan, Sam and Liam couldn't stop themselves from stripping off and diving in!

The waves were great! I was tempted myself, but someone had to stay behind to look after Leah!

0 comments: