Saturday 25 October 2008

The Blue Strawberry

My Mum's only been to visit a few times but each time she comes, it seems to coincide a school event! She spent a fortune at the Christmas fayre and won a meal for 2 at a pub in Bicnacre, then in the summer, she won a lunch for 2 at the Blue Strawberry in Hatfield Peverell. Being new to the area, I'd never heard of it, but as I told people about the prize, I could see that she'd done good!

It turns out its one of the best restaurants in Essex and mum won us a £40 voucher! The voucher was for 2 people so obviously, I bagsied the first place! It was too late in mums trip for her to go with me, and Liam had his eye on the second place. But I didn't want him to rush out meal in his lunch hour so he resigned his place to his mum!

Delores and I LOVE eating out, so we dropped Leah at preschool and went to indulge!

It was surprisingly busy for a Monday lunchtime and I can see why. I know my meal would always taste nicer cause it was free, but we had a delicious 3 course meal!

Delores had pork......and I had Salmon and Seabass with a huge nippey langustine!
The waiter could see my shocked expression when I saw the langustine's big claws, and he reassured me that you treat it like a prawn. A delicious meal with great company. It felt like a real treat. Thanks mum.

0 comments: