Friday 22 February 2008

Laura got me in trouble AGAIN!

I can't believe she got me in trouble and she lives 200 miles away!

Laura rang this morning and through the course of the conversation she reminded me about our photography challenge. Last year we agreed that we would have a themed photography challenge - really I was hoping to tap in on some of Laura's VAST artistic talents and have to think a bit more about the photos I took.

So we've had 3 themes so far:

  • Pies
  • Bicycles
  • Sleep

Laura of course quickly rattled off lovely pie and bike pictures while I was still carefully planning and considering different options!

Anyway, this morning she asked whether I'd done any sleep pictures which I have, but I remembered that I didn't yet do a pie picture. So I took my camera to Chelmsford Market with me this morning thinking I might see a nice pie stall.

I didn't, but in the shopping arcade, Cafe Alba caught my eye - a window full of pies! So I took a few snaps but then noticed that the ends of the sausage rolls looked nice. I stood right next to the window (where there happened to be a poster) and took some pictures of the ends of the sausage rolls - its all about angles, so a friend of mine told me (thanks for that Becks, I'm holding you responsible too!)

Then a fiery italian pie maker, with a look of Gino D'Acampo banged on the window and shouted "Whya you taka da pictures?". The whole, full cafe turned around while I tried to explain that it was for a very serious art and photography club and he'd got very lovely pies! (!! didn't mention it was just me and Laura). In a REALLY loud voice, all eyes watching, he said "Whya did you hide? taka da pictures off!"

I realise now that from inside it probably looked like I was hiding behind the poster and sneaking the photos in a trading standards fashion!

Very embarrasing but I must have had a innocent face because as I left he threw his hands in the air and said "Keepa da pictures but aska next time!"

Of course I hold Laura completely responsible! To make matters worse, I realised after that she would probably disqualify the picture 'cause its a roll not a pie, and worse, it was blurred!




My career as a pie paparazzi is over!


0 comments: